Being a Reds fan and having suffered through watching Gonzalez up the middle and at the plate for Cincinnati from 2007-09, I know there is no way he can keep up his offensive pace in the second half. I understand riding the aging shortstop while he's hot, and I think in the short term, this deal might seem good and may possibly just be a push to get a good Braves team in the World Series one last time before manager Bobby Cox retires. However, I think in the long term Atlanta will miss having Escobar and probably didn't get full value for him in this trade.
What are your thoughts?
ALSO:
--ESPN.com ranks the top 300 fantasy baseball players for the second half (I have 7 of the top 30 on my team).
&
This guy lost some of my respect, Votto gained a whole bunch of it. That's how baseball should be. The Cubs aren't your friends. He writes of Votto:
What a leech -- and a sorry excuse for an All-Star.
Well done bud, rip the best player in the National League by questioning his All-Star status just because he's a competitor.
&
--The wonderfully exciting All-Star game last night garnered an all-time low television rating. How could the greatest all-star exhibition in professional sports receive such a terrible rating?? Deadliest Catch
RIP
Capt. Phil Harris
(photo from thefastertimes.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment